The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Friday, October 5, 2012

Don't EVER give up!

Sitting here eating my favorite after workout breakfast, scrambled eggs with salsa.

Today's workout SUCKED, but was awesome at the same time.  How is that even possible?  I ask myself that every single day.  How is it possible that sucks so bad can feel good.

Warm up:
100 meter run
10 push-ups
10 air squats

Workout--This is MY varied workout, not what was prescribed
30 walking lunges carrying a 10# plate
50 box jumps using 12" box (not to everyone out there, doing these with your feed wider apart makes it easier, a new discovery for me today.  Thanks Karen!  You rock for pointing this out!)
20 Sumo high-pulls  with 40#
20 kettle bell swings with 26# kettle bell
20 power cleans with 40#
20 burpees--I had to use the 12" box to modify these because I was so shot after the box jumps
20 push presses
10 hand-stand push-ups, which I did with my knees on a 20" box because I can't do real ones yet

Now, let me say, not eating before the workout, BAD IDEA!!!  Not having a water bottle with me, Even WORSE idea.

By the time I finished my 50 box jumps and 10 sumo high pulls, Tyler came over with a small white board with reduced numbers of each of the exercises above.  I was feeling pretty overwhelmed already by the box jumps (I've never done 50 in a WOD before let alone all at one time) and the scaled WOD was, I don't know, embarrassing?  I did the next 10 Sumo high pulls and felt myself starting to wobble.  I was woozy, hot and light-headed.  I went and got a small drink of water and sat down on the bench.  I decided I couldn't allow myself to quit, and walked back over to where I was working out.  I sat down on my box, I pulled my shirt up over my face and cried.  I cried because I didn't want to quit, but thought I was going to have to.  My pride hurt worse than anything else.  I was failing, and I wasn't going to be able to finish even the scaled workout.  When I opened my eyes, Tyler was sitting there asking me what hurt.  He gave me a little pep-talk  and talked about how hard I was working.  He told me that there were going to be good and bad days.  I wouldn't be able to have perfect workouts every day.  After I heard him out, my head had stopped spinning, and I went to try to finish my workout.  I did my 20 kettle bell swings in chunks, 10, then 6, then 4, then 2.  I did my power cleans in 2 groups of 10.  When it came time to do my burpees I knew I was going to have to do the modified version with the box.  I had to do them 1 or 2 at a time, but I got through them.  I did my 20 push-presses without stopping.  When it came time to do my push-ups with my knees on the box.  I got up on the box, but then couldn't figure out how to get my hands on the floor without falling off the box.  I did my hand stand push-ups without stopping.  I finished my workout in 23:48 I think, but I did finish it.  More importantly, I finished it strong.  I never gave up.  And we can't give up.  Those of us who are on this journey to lose this much weight can never give up trying.  If we give up, the fat wins.  We have to continue to fight.  Sometimes it is fun, and we have huge accomplishments to show for it, but other times, it is incredibly difficult   and giving up seems like the logical next step.  Giving up is never logical.  Keep fighting, and I have to believe, some day, we will see the results that we are longing for.

Princess Biscuit

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it girl! You will see changes in ways you never imagined.

    ReplyDelete