The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Sunday, October 28, 2012

change of approach

So I have been working out 3 days/week, but the diet part has been pretty much status quo which is why I'm not seeing as much results as I should be.

So, Starting this week, I am going to switch my CrossFit workouts to the AM, 6:00 AM to be exact.  I'm not usually a morning person, but it will work out better with the kids, and homework and their schedules if I am at home in the evenings after work.  Starting on Tuesday, November 6th, I'm going to start the 2 week reset from the P.I.N.K. method diet plan to help get all of the sugars, and processed crap out of my diet.  I did it earlier this year, and saw a great deal of success with it, and even lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks of doing it.  I will also start using the supplements recommended to me by Next Level Nutrition the same day.  After the 2 weeks of the Pink RESET I am going to move into a strictly Paleo diet using meals from Custom Fit Meals Monday-Friday.  I am going to vary the Paleo diet on the weekends to include some good carbs and things like brown rice and sweet potatoes.  I feel like I am finally getting an idea of what it is going to take for me to see the results I really want and it is just a matter of sticking to the plan.  I am also going to be running 2 nights a week and on Saturday mornings.  We are under 4 months to the Princess Half Marathon, and I truly feel like getting my eating in order, doing CrossFit 5 days/week, running 3 days a week is going to get me into the best shape possible for the Princess.  I am so excited about what the future holds for me.

Finally, I have done a lot of talking to someone that works out at my box this week.  I have always had a very negative self-image.  She called me on it and said some things that made me take a second look at myself.  What Nichole pointed out to me was this, "When you have trouble look at the reflection of the love you receive from others. People love you because of your goodness and beautiful heart and soul." She also pointed out that just like someone can be over-confident and end up looking like a cocky asshole, you can take humility too far.  I've never seen my self-loathing as being humble, more so as being honest.  But I really think Nichole may be right.  If I was the horrible person I see in myself, I wouldn't have the amazing friends in my life that I do.  People wouldn't want to be around me at all.  There may just be something to what Nichole and many others have said to me over the years.  Maybe I'm not as bad as I have always thought I was.  hmmmm.....definitely food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment