The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Battle wounds.....

Made it into the box last night, and the workout was brutal.

It was a bit confusing at first, but then it all made sense, in a sick, and twisted way.  You can see the different card suits listed on the board.  We did 15 rounds of 1 minute on 1 minute off AMRAP of whichever exercise was indicated by the suit on the card pulled out of the deck by one of the members of the class.  As my luck would have it, the first and fourteenth rounds were Diamonds, but only 2 rounds of burpees was fine by me.  There were 3 or 4 rounds of spades, and I was doing a 65# push-press.  We had a lot of rounds of push-ups and T2B, or toes to bar.  The push-presses were definitely at my limit.  The most I did in one round was 13 I think, and they were definitely to failure.  My left arm would eventually give out and I'd drop the bar.  But by far, we had more T2B than anything else.  Now, it really doesn't sound all that bad, hanging from a bar, swinging your legs to kick the bar you are hanging from, but when you are 257 pounds, it is BRUTAL on your hands.  After the first round though, Andrea stopped me and said not to try to swing my legs, but instead, to work on tapping my feet on the box and pulling my knees up at the same time, as high as I could.  I was able to do a lot more of these than I was when I was attempting to swing, but my hands are definitely paying the price for it today.  I can't wear my wedding rings right now because there is a blister under my ring on my ring finger.  My pad across my hand at the base of my fingers is incredibly sore.  I will absolutely be purchasing some lifting gloves this Wednesday when i get paid...maybe I'll even find some with pink on them.  The most gratifying part of all of this was adding up my numbers at the end.  When we started working out, I wanted to aim for 250 reps over the 15 rounds.  Burpees are definitely something I can't do many of, and same with T2B, so I really had to kill the push-ups and push presses.  I knew this before we started, so when we got our first round of push-ups, I busted out 43 girlie push-ups in a minute.


 As the rounds progressed, and I reached 243 with about 5 rounds left, I was in shock, and totally excited.  I knew I could do more than 7 reps in the next round, and was almost giddy at the idea of closing in on 300 reps.  I hadn't looked at anyone else's scores on the board other than to notice a whole lot of 200+ scores.  I finished up with 291 reps total.  I did use the box for the second round of burpees because we were on our 14th round and I was feeling like I was going to vomit anyway.  All the way to the floor and back up would definitely have pushed me over the top.  Here's a glance at what my left hand looks like after last night's work out.  See the red spot on my ring finger...that was UNDER my wedding ring....gloves are a must.

I was so proud of myself when we finished and I had 291 reps.  There were quite a few folks with more than me, and I didn't do it RX, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself for this workout and how I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment