The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spiritual Muscles

Shew...I can't believe it has been a week since I blogged, and a week since my last workout.  I took some time off this weekend to exercise my spiritual muscles instead of the physical ones, and man-oh-man, was it needed.  It is amazing to me that regardless of where I am in my life and what has been going on, going to something like Women of Faith and always address my concerns and help me feel some peace. 

On Friday night, one of the speakers was Mandisa, as in, Mandisa from American Idol, season 5.  She was talking about being on the show, The Doctors tomorrow morning, and how they were doing a show on inspirational weight-loss stories.  Mandisa was talking about how holding onto the things of the past and allowing ourselves to let go physically is disrespectful because we aren't fully capable of being who God made us to be if our body is sick. 

Then on Saturday, Christine Caine based her time on the plague of the frogs, from Exodus chapter 8.  The interesting part of this is this excerpt:  Exo 8:9 And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only? Exo 8:10 And he said, Tomorrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God. 

Now, I don't know about you, but I am forever and ALWAYS putting things off till tomorrow.  And what Christine Caine talked about was the fact that if we don't deal with our yesterdays today, tomorrow will be no different.  Why wait until tomorrow?  Why take the baggage of your childhood into the future with you?  Why wait until Tomorrow?!?!  This was very poignant for me, because it is a pattern I have a habit of falling into.  I don't have to wait to start my diet until Monday, I don't have to wait to start exercising on Monday, why not make the changes today?  What is holding us back? Why are we so afraid to make the changes TODAY????  You can't make tomorrow different if you take the crap from your past with you. 

What are you waiting too change?  Why are you waiting?  We all had issues as a kid.  I felt like I was forever on a diet, I got picked on because my mom was obese, and then one day a kid said to me, "You're fat, just like your mom." and my world stopped.  She never wanted me to be overweight, and I always swore I wouldn't be overweight, and this is where my fear and anxiety around food went into overdrive.  That comment is what made me stop eating, and I was anorexic for 6 months.  I was down to a size 0 and still felt fat, because I gave that kid, and my fear power over my life.  I'm not doing that anymore.  I'm trying, with everything in me, to take my life back from those fears and anxiety.  It isn't perfect, and it will most definitely be a process that takes time, but it is doable.  I'm not waiting for tomorrow anymore.  I'm starting today.  Taking the crap from my past into tomorrow is going to do nothing but prevent me from being the beautiful person that God created me to be...so I'm dumping my baggage today, and moving forward.  Who's going with me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment