The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another DNF, but proof that I'm not working in vain

So the WOD yesterday was meant for people with a death wish I think.  We started as a warm-up with 100 meter run, 5 pull-ups and 10 push-ups, 3 times around.  (This was of course after stretching on our own). 

We then did walking lunges with the bar overhead, 10 lunges, rotating 4 rounds with a partner. 

Then it was time for WOD#1.....
10 plyo-pushups (25# plate, do a push-up, jump hands of the weight and do a regular push-up, counts as 1)
10 kettle bell swings (I used a 26# kettle bell)
5 pull-ups

**as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes.  1 round is 25, and I barely made it through 3 rounds.

Now for the finisher...which I didn't get to finish:
WOD#2:
50 overhead squats w/a PVC pipe
30 ab-mat sit-ups
20 wall ball shots
15 med ball squats
10 get-ups
50 air squats

2 rounds for time, with a cap of 20 minutes.  I got through the 2nd round of ab-mat sit-ups.  This workout was brutal!!!!  I could barely walk after I finished.  All I can say is that 260+ pound women were not meant to do 185 squats in 20 minutes!  My knees required some TLC last night, with advil and ice bags, but I feel pretty good today

PROOF that it's working:
At the beginning of this year, I started the "P.I.N.K. Method" diet which I just couldn't maintain at all.  I couldn't maintain the eating that was required, or the workouts.  I'm not a work-out at home kind of girl.  I usually have a million excuses, and I oversleep, and there's no accountability.  At the beginning of the P.I.N.K. Method they have you do your measurements, then do them again after a 2 week detox where you feel miserable!!! 

At the beginning of this year I weighed 270# and my measurements looked like this:
Bust: 49-1/2"     Waist: 46"              Hips: 53"        Thighs:  30-1/2"
After the 2 week detox I was at:
Bust:  47"           Waist: 44-1/2"       Hips: 52"        Thighs: 29"
I had re-gained almost all of the weight I lost and definitely all of the inches.  For the first time ever I was wearing size 22's, rather than my normal 18-20, and the 22's were by no means lose. 
I didn't take my measurements at the beginning of CrossFit (I wish I had), but I started at 264.2#
I did my measurements this morning, and they were as follows:
Bust: 48-1/2"        Waist: 44"             Hips: 50-1/4"  Thighs: 29-1/2"

So, since the beginning of this year, I have lost a total of 7" and 8 pounds.  I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there eventually. 

Princess Biscuit

No comments:

Post a Comment