The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Training walk

Today I had a really rough run/walk.  I'm sad to say that in typical "krista" fashion I have sabotaged myself yet again, but I've caught on to my problem and begun the work necessary to hopefully keep that from happening. 

I went for my first long run/walk since the Battleship Half Marathon in November.  I did 4 miles today, and it took me an hour and 20 minutes to do it...that's a straight up 20 minute per mile pace....Princess requires a 16 minute per mile pace to not get swept so I have got some SERIOUS work to do in the next 5 weeks to speed myself up! 

The good news is that I tried some Cliff Block Shots and they are tasty and don't make me queasy at all, so I have my nutrition figured out.  I also wore my iFitness belt for the first time today, and was glad to see that it didn't ride up AT ALL and it is very comfortable.  I love it!

Now, for the plan.....

I can't reduce my time at CrossFit, it is my addiction, my niche, and the place that I feel the most amazing in a workout environment. 

I need to build up my Cardio Endurance, and that is going to require some serious work and dedication in the next 5 weeks.

I am going to need to Run 3 times/week.  Tuesday and Thursdays will be evening runs, once the kids are in bed, in the 'hood, and running intervals for speed.  I will be spending an hour each of those nights, and hoping to get to where 1 hour = 4 miles, before the Princess. 

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings I am going to swim.  I am hoping this will help me to build the cardio endurance w/o hurting my joints. 

So, project Princess is in full effect.  Any of you that would like to run with/train with/encourage me on runs that live in the area I'd love to have your help.  Emily ran with me this morning, and she was awesome and patient!!  Kara?  Elizabeth?  April?  Jeff?  Robert?!?!?!  Anyone?!?!

Till next time....
Princess Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment