The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Has anything really changed?

Has anything about me really changed?  Has my mind really changed?  Is my lifestyle really changing?

Well, tonight I can say that I'm a long way from perfect, but yes, yes it has!  I have always watched The Biggest Loser and wished it was me.  I've lamented not being on "The Ranch", been jealous of the contestants, been pissed off at the ones that quit....all while eating chips, or ice cream, or drinking sweet tea. Tonight when The Biggest Loser came on, I was baking my egg/bacon and cheese "muffins" for breakfast this week.  I had hard-boiled eggs going for snacks for this week.  I have chicken cooked and cut up to eat with my salads for lunch this week.

I have also started taking some new supplements that are all-natural (according to my research thus far) and doing so with a bit of fear.  I've taken supplements before, which left me shaky, with a racing heart and ended up throwing that money away.  Today is only day 2, and I've yet to feel anything different.  I'm making a concerted effort to change.  It is a process.  I will fall.  I will fail.  I will get back up and continue the fight.

I sat here and cried tonight when one of the girls on Jillian's team got on the scale and weighed 258 pounds.  Why did I cry?  Because I weigh 258 pounds.  I am hoping to make a transformation of my own.  Now, I know that the amount of weight that the people on the ranch lose is unhealthy without their help and support, but I'm hoping to make a pretty sizable transformation of my own prior to the finale of BL14.  I won't lose 100# in that time frame, but maybe I can lose 50 of them.  So I'm going on record and saying that my goal is to make the right decisions consistently enough that when the finale for Biggest Loser 14 rolls around, I am under 208#.  I'd really love for it to be under 200#, but I'm not going to push my luck.  By the same token, If I get to 208 in 3 months, I'm not going to lay off because I've reached my goal, I'm going to continue to push myself.

Well, another weekend has come and gone, and  I need to get in bed if I want to be able to get up at 5:00 for a workout....plus I think the Sleepy Time Tea I drank tonight is officially working.  I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open.

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment