The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kids' WOD and upcoming events....

Yesterday was family WOD day at CrossFit APX and my kiddos were SOOOO excited to go.  We thought we had missed it last weekend.  We spent not quite an hour in the parking lot doing frog jumps, duck walks, squats, jumping jacks, Fireman carry (My middle child weighs 75#, I have a WHOLE new respect for firefighters to have to carry full size adults out of a fire.)  At the end, my little man asked to climb the rope, and fir the first time ever, he made it all the way to the top of the rope and touched the duct tape, which I believe is 15 or 20 feet.

We got done and quite a few of my buddies were still working hard to finish Murph.  I was hoping to get to do Murph yesterday, but that's okay, working out with my kiddos made it worth it.

I came home and I'm not sure what has gotten into me, but I signed up to compete in my first ever crossfit competition.  It is on January 26, and while I'm scared half out of my mind, the only way to continue to grow and improve is to push beyond your fears and limitations.  So--I registered.  I really think I'm losing my mind, and am horribly terrified that I will embarrass my box owner, or myself, and fail miserably, but I'm hoping not.

Finally, I've posted a couple of times about supplements that I am taking to help me with the weightloss process.  I first want to say, that I do NOT believe in the magic pill theory.  Everything in the supplements is natural and it is working for me, when I eat a clean diet and get in my exercise as well.  If I don't eat well, and exercise, they have no effect what-so-ever.  They are really helpful in curbing my appetite and keeping me on track but if I don't eat the right things, I don't see the scale going down.

I'm really excited, because since January 1st, I have lost 9 pounds.  I feel good, and it's helping to fight the cravings.  I'm cutting out the sugars and stuff slowly instead of all at once, because all at once makes me very sick, and I feel deprived.

Stay tuned....for more exciting things going on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey krista
    I follow your blog, love your writing and honesty. Was wondering what supplements you are taking?

    ReplyDelete