The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Has it really been a week?

Hard to believe that it has been a full week since my last workout!  I feel drastically different than I did after last week's WOD.  I have spent the last week trying to eat better for the last week, and I have started taking some all natural supplements to help me with metabolism, focus, etc.

Tonight I went back to workout, and I was so excited/scared to be back in the box.  The classes are growing, which makes it tough because i was a little lost and stuff.  But it all worked out well in the long run.

Warm-UP, 30 seconds each of: Overhead squats w/PVC, Push Press w/Plate, Dead Hang, lunges.

WOD 1:  5 rounds for time
5 Snatches (RX was 75, I did 70 since I couldn't get ahold of a 45# bar)
10 pull-ups

Took me 8:39 to finish (There was a 10 minute cap).   I may have done 6 rounds, I'm not sure.  I lost count somewhere along the way, so I wanted to be sure to get in at least 5, figured it was better to do more than requested, than to cut out early and do less.

Wod 2: Every minute, on the minute, do 3 push-presses.  I used 70# again for the first few rounds, then went up to 80, and the last 4 rounds, I bumped it up to 85.  This was a TOUGH workout for sure!

Then for our strength/skill, we did upper and lower abs.  I have never done these kind of sit-ups and trust me when I tell you, movement at work tomorrow might be funny to watch.  We did 3 sets of 10 sit-ups with the bar.  The first 3 sets were done in a bench press type of motion.  Then we did 2 sets of 10 sit-ups with the bar.  Arms above our heads, locked out at about 45* angle with the floor. Keep arms locked, and don't use them for leverage.  This stuff really HURT!

I asked afterward because when I do get-ups and sit-ups, etc, I have pain in my hip flexors.  I guess this is somewhat normal from using them more than abs due to size and lack of flexibility.  I am still getting and moving much, MUCH better than I have in years.

My exciting moment of the day was when Suzanne said she didn't recognize me at first.  I know the biggest part of that is that I got all my hair cut off, but she also told me how amazing I looked, which was really exciting.  I am starting to see and feel changes in my body, and I can't WAIT for things to really move.

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment