The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oh What Fun!!


So excited to get to CrossFit APX tonight.  I missed my workout last night thanks to a mean old hateful migraine that put me on the couch from about 4 till 7:30.  I am competing this weekend, so missing extra workouts just isn't an option.  I went in tonight and saw that our 1st WOD included the Bear Complex...ugh, I am not a fan, but it's all good, because fan or not, I showed up, and I was gonna do it.

So..WOD #1: 12 minute AMRAP
Bear Complex
  1. Clean
  2. Front Squat
  3. Push Press
  4. Back Squat
  5. Push Press
5 burpees
10 Toes to bar

In my 12 minutes I completed 5 rounds of the above.  The exciting news it, I DID REAL BURPEES!  I DID REAL BURPEES!!  I did all of them.  I've tried once or twice to do real burpees, but after 3 or 4 I'd have to revert back to putting my hands on the box.  The reality is, the burpee itself isn't that bad, it is getting all of this big body up off the floor after doing it.  Bit having completed 5 rounds tonight, that means I did 25 burpees.  I still can't do Toes to bar yet, so I did the dead hang and pull my knees up as far as possible.

WOD #2: 5 minute AMRAP
5 Hand Stand Push Ups
10 box jumps

I can't do Hand stands yet, let alone HSPU.  So, I had to modify and put my knees on the box.  I still wasn't quite doing them right, but Jeff K. showed me a better way to do it afterwards, and it is actually much easier.  I also did my box jumps without stopping.  I almost took a pretty good tumble.  My right foot was half on and half off the box, so started to go to the right, caught myself, but then about fell forward and smashed my face into the wall.  Thankfully I didn't crash and burn, and was able to continue.  I finished my lasts 2 jumps in that round and went right back to my push-ups.  I ended up completing 4 rounds.  I need to get used to being upside down.  Every time I have to go back and forth between things like sit-ups and push-ups, or HSPU and box jumps, when I stand up I get light-headed.  I am not getting enough oxygen to my brain I guess.  I don't know.  

After the 2 WODs we started working on Snatches.  This weekend at the competition we have 5 minutes to find our 1 rep max snatch.  I did quite a few 65# snatches.  I think on Saturday I'm going to start at a 75# attempt.  Tonight's workout was by no means a cake walk, but it was fun!  I pushed myself, I recovered quickly after a near failure, I pushed my limits.  Pretty excited about how it happened tonight and looking forward to this weekend.  

Now--after the kids are in bed, I'm off for a 1 hour run, hopefully getting in 3-1/2 to 4 miles.  I tweaked the intervals so we'll see how it goes w/a shorter run interval and a bit longer walk interval.

Till next time, 

Princess Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment