The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Who said I couldn't? Because I won't say it ANY MORE!

So, picture me, at 255 pounds trying to run.  It isn't easy, and it for darn sure isn't pretty...but I CAN do it.  I have thought about running a half marathon, and there is one in November, 8 months away.  The old Krista keeps trying to rear her ugly head and convince this new, confident Krista that that just ISN'T possible.  Now, picture me last night, watching the TV show, "Heavy".  If you haven't seen the show (it airs on A&E Monday nights at 10) they basically send 2 people to Hilton Head Health in SC for 6 months to re-learn how to eat, how to work out, how to go grocery shopping, basically, how to live!  So on the 1st day, one of the folks told the trainer, on the break he required on the way to his villa because he couldn't walk that far without stopping to breathe, that he wanted to run a half marathon in 6 months.  The trainer was shocked, and even went so far as to say that she didn't think this particular contestant, who weighed 517 pounds had any idea what it took to run a half marathon.  After 6 months there, he had lost 168 pounds and did, indeed run/walk a half marathon, at 350 pounds.  At that very moment I was completely pissed off at myself.  How is it that at 100 pounds less than this gentlemen, I have the audacity to tell myself, or anyone else for that matter, that I can't do that?  I have a brand new fire and a brand new perspective on my life and working out.  To Hell with "I can't"  it has been replace with "I will!"  I WILL do this, I WILL, run a half marathon in November, I WILL run a 5K in June, I WILL weigh less at the end of the year than I did when I graduated from high school, and most importantly, I WILL be the best role model that my children deserve as it pertains to a healthy lifestyle!!

I WILL.....

No comments:

Post a Comment