The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is it stamped on my forehead?

I can't help but wonder if there is a stamp on my forehead visible only to other people, more specifically, larger women who are wondering about personal training.  Twice in the last few weeks I have been approached by women at the gym who saw Chris training me and either wanted to offer their support or ask questions about whether personal training is worth it.  I have come to the conclusion that I appear very approachable in most aspects of my life.  There is 1 particular arena where I think I am assumed to be less approachable, just because I am not 100% comfortable there.  I feel like the place that I would normally be the most uncomfortable, isn't the place that I actually am.  This is a HUGE wake-up call for me. 

I am finding a new part of myself.  Chris has already pushed me well beyond the limitations I thought I had, proving to me that I can do far more than I give myself credit for.  I am figuring out that my approachability makes me an asset in the place that I usually feel the least comfortable, the gym.  I am starting to feel like I can be an example to other overweight women, who feel overwhelmed at the the thought of working out.  It is very hard to walk in the gym every day, wondering if you will be the largest one there....but I know I won't be the largest person there for long, especially with as hard as Chris is pushing me. 

There is absolutely NO CHANCE IN HELL that I will be giving up on myself again!  I have done it far too often, and what I have come to realize is that I am the only person who gives up on myself.  Everyone else believes in me, and it is about damn time I joined them.  So, if you were used to the weak, insecure Krista that I have been for the last 30+ years, I'm sorry to inform you that she is GONE!  She will not be making a return any time for the res of my life. 

Till next time!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment