The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Friday, March 11, 2011

Changes aren't just physical...

Okay--so I have started to notice some changes to my body physically, but I am even starting to notice some mental/attitude changes as well.  I have noticed that I am carrying myself differently than I have.  I'm not looking at the ground all the time when I walk anymore, I'm carrying myself more upright than usual.  I also walked into LA Boxing for class today, and though a bit freaked out because I didn't know what was going to happen, I wasn't self conscious at all.  I didn't feel out of place, nor did I care what the folks around me looked like.  The fact is, I have come to realize that while I may be the biggest girl in the gym right now, if I keep coming, that won't last long.  I will eventually be in shape, and may be able to help others who are intimidated when they walk through the door.  I've never been a person with a ton of self confidence, but I will say that my self confidence is growing with every day at the gym.  I am enjoying working out, and even enjoying being sore in the evenings.  I just KNOW that being sore means I worked hard that day, and that it will pay off!  It will pay off physically, mentally and on the scale! 

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment