The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A tiny bit of validation....

Today at the gym was pretty darn rewarding.  I am doing pretty well, and Chris tells me all the time that I am a machine and that I WILL do this.  I laughed today when I told him that I hated him and he said, "you might right now, but you'll love me this summer, and you'll worhsip me come Christmas."  I couldn't be happier with how hard he is pushing me, and the fact that I am meeting every challenge he has put in front of me thus far. 

Today's training session was all about arms.  I know for sure now why boxers have ripped arms and backs.  We started with boxing today, and my shoulders, arms and upper back are definitely screaming at me still.  Then we headed over and wrapped a resistance band around a pole so I could use the resistance while punching.  Then I got to balance on a Bosu ball with my legs bent, then step on and off with alternating feet.  With ankles like mine, this is most definitely no easy task!  Next up were curls with 8 pound dumbells.  First I did alternating arms, then both arms at the same time, then just held the dumbells with my arms curled.  After that, Chris put a 45 lb. dumbell on the floor and told me to squat and pick it up, stand up.  I had to do this 10 times with my butt down and stand all the way up.  I got a 10 second break before I did 10 more reps and we repeated this 3x.  I had no idea until I was done, but apparently I had an audience.  2 girls who are far more fit than I am were staring, Chris noticed and I heard them say they were impressed.  Chris informed them that I was a machine and would be signing autographs in 3 months.  I don't know about all that, but I will say, it felt really good and was just the validation I needed today!

I am going to win the battle of the bulge!  If you don't believe in me, please feel free to bug off, and I'll let you know when I'm serving the crow for dinner.  The way I figure it, BL 12 finale is in late-November or early December, and by then, I should be able to host a viewing party, complete with a dinner of Crow for the skeptics in the crowd who didn't believe in me.

Till next time.

krista

No comments:

Post a Comment