The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, March 7, 2011

Let's get it all out there......

First, I want to update everyone on the weekend whirlwind.  I got up at 5:15 on Saturday Morning to get ready to go to the casting call.  I left the Hotel at 6:20, but didn't get there until 7:00 because I got lost and turned around and ended up going toward Disney World, rather than Universal Studios.  At 7:00, the earliest they want you to line up, I was #172 in line.  Not bad considering there ended up being between 700 and 1000 people at the casting call.  I got into the room for the interview at around 11:45 or so, and there were 3 tables with 10 people at each one.  We were in there for maybe 17 minutes or so and each person was just asked to introduce themselves by saying their name, age and occupation.  Our Casting Director, Frank, asked us a few additional questions from there, and we were done in no time.  Then, the waiting...They didn't post until around midnight that they had called everyone they were going to call for 1-on-1 interviews so I basically waited 12 hours to find out that I didn't have a chance at being cast on BL 12. 

Now--let me expalin a bit about my blog, and my motivation for doing this.  I have received a few e-mails from folks thanking me for inspiring them to get back into the gym, or take care of themselves.  That makes me very proud, but was never my motivation for doing the blog.  You see, I am 5'2" and weigh 261 pounds as of today.  I need to be accountable in some way, and want to document this journey that I am on.  I know that lots of people are overweight and want to lose it, so I thought this would be a nice way for them to help me see this through.  After all, I have about 131 pounds to lose, a little over half my body weight, and that isn't going to happen over night, nor is it going to be really easy to do.  I am going to need a lot of support and encouragement to reach this goal, as I haven't seen that # on the scale since about 8th or 9th grade.  I have no desire for my "15 minutes of fame" and any such ridiculousness, but just want to be accountable to my friends and family. 

So--as of today, I have 131 pounds to lose.  I have set a goal that I will be most of the way there by the night that the Biggest Loser Season 12 finale airs.  I am going to dedicate myself to working out and getting healthy.  I am going to weigh myself on Tuesday mornings, before getting dressed or going to work.  I will take pictures of myself throughout this journey and will come here to let everyone know how I am doing.  So--starting now--this is ALL ABOUT ME!!!  I have 3 kids to get healthy for, a husband who I desperately want to feel sexy for, and a long life to live!  The first thing I need to do is go find a "goal outfit in a size 8.  My personal trainer, Chris, swears I can be wearing a size 8 by Christmas.  Part of me feels like believing this will set me up for yet another failure, but the other part of me desperately wants to believe that it is possible.  I guess we will see.  In order to get to this goal, I will need to average about 14 pounds of weightloss/month.  There are 43 weeks left this year, so I need to average about 3.4 pounds/week of weightloss.  These numbers seem very doable....so I will keep that in mind. 

Please offer your support and advice as I had down this long and arduous road. 

Thank you, Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment