The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The new me is is starting to speak louder than the old....

Ok, so I have never been very good at taking a compliment.  I've always said "Thank You" as genuinely and pleasantly as possible, immediately followed by an explanation of why the compliment wasn't warranted...something like this, Anonymous person: "I LOVE your sweater."  Me: "Thanks...It is my sisters, She picked it out and let me borrow it."  You see, I would never allow myself to be that the compliment was genuinely meant FOR ME!  I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but today, I was paid a compliment and I just said, "Thank You".  Ridiculous, I know, but there wasn't even any internal dialog to say, "yeah, thanks, but you know he didn't meant it for you...he was just being nice to you, you don't deserve that compliment...get over yourself."  For the first time in my life, or at least that I can remember, I said thank you and there was no self-defeating internal dialog following it.  I thought about it later, and was kinda freaked out by it. 

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment