The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday's WOD---a bit more progress

Today's WOD was fun, although I have some form break issues that need to be addressed.  We did 3 rounds, for time, 10 back squats, 10 front squats, 10 overhead squats, RX for ladies was 75#, and I did 55#, all 3 rounds.  The most sore part of my body right now is my wrists.  When I do cleans/front squats, I can't get the bar far enough back on my shoulders and get my elbows up high enough to roll the bar back and take the weight and pressure off my wrists.  Then with the overhead squats it's tough to get my hands wide enough apart it is incredibly uncomfortable for my wrists.  I finished my 3 rounds at 9:55 with 55# for all 3 rounds of squats.

Then we did Tabata training, 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 second rest alternating exercises between Burpees, low-jacks and Hand release push-ups.  By the time it was over, I sat down and started heaving.  I almost hurled all over the box floor.  Not good considering  that there is already a mess at the box from there being a plumbing leak.  I thought I was going to toss cookies all over the floor...ugh.

Now for the exciting part.  I'll spare you any pictures as proof of what I'm about to tell you, because then you'd likely toss your cookies all over the computer screen.  as a girl who is "thick" for lack of a better word, I have forgotten that my body used to have curves in the right places, and not just between my rolls.  Well, today, as I looked in the mirror, I noticed that where I used to have a VERY round side/roll, I now have smaller rolls, that go in at my waist.  I also noticed that while my hips are still rounded, they don't stick out as far as they used to.  My body is finding its shape again.  It's time for me to do measurements again, since I did them at the beginning of October, so we'll see how that goes.  I may or may not post them this weekend.

As it stands for now, I'm going to go spend "girl time" with my baby girl and give her all the mommy snuggles I have.  She was the best cheerleader ever tonight, and actually did most of our tabata training with us.  She loves to do burpees, so she's an old pro at those.  When I started struggling she'd say, "Don't stop mommy, keep doing them with your friends."  She's the best little cheerleader any mommy could ever ask for.  I am so very blessed to have her in my life, as well as the other kids.  It is hard for me to comprehend at times, but if we hadn't lost Henry, we wouldn't have Ella.  I never got to know him, but I truly believe she's as sweet as she is, because she got a chance to love her big brother before she got here.


No comments:

Post a Comment