The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Where has my head been?!?!?!

So I have been trying to figure out how to reach my health and fitness goals, and have been busting my ass at CrossFit APX but not seeing the results I really desire.  Well, sometimes I hear this voice, and I will literally look around and wonder who is talking and there is NO ONE there.  Then I realize...Um, God is speaking to you....Start listening!!!

This has happened to me a few times, in my life, most recently today.  I was walking back to my office after grimacing at myself in the ladies' room mirror.  I heard this voice say, "You get out of your body what you put in it."  I walked back into my office and the coffee cup from lunch, and blueberry muffin bag from Dunkin Donuts this morning.  I can't expect my body to operate well if I feed it crap, right?!?!  And working out 3 days a week for 1 hour will certainly not undo the bad I am doing 7 days a week, all freaking day!  I've also been trying to figure out how I can get to my CrossFit workouts, fit in runs, and not lose more time with my kids.  I like my 5:30 workouts at CrossFit, but was thinking I would need to switch to morning workouts.  I have decided that I have a 3-pronged attack I'm going to try. 

1--I am going to start swimming on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at the local gym I belong to.  This should help my cardio and endurance while taking some of the load and strain off of my joints. 

2--I will be running inside on their track on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and doing my long runs on Saturday mornings, either at the American Tobacco Trail or at the lake near my house I just found out is a 2 mile loop.

3--I will continue to do my CrossFit workouts at 5:30 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

This should help me address the strength and cardio issues without killing me.  The gym opens at 5:00 am, so I just need to force myself out of bed at that unGodly hour to get in an hour of swimming or running before I get ready for work in the morning, while Barney is still home getting ready for work himself.

Then there is the Nutrition part of the attack.  I desperately need   to address this issue, or all of the workouts will be in vain for sure.  I'm going to finish reading my "for fun" book in the next few days, and by December 1st I will have also completed reading The Primal Blueprint.  I was told by my physician that this would be the best food lifestyle for me with my PCOS, so I'm going to educate myself and go with it.

The third part is proper supplementation.  As I mentioned before, I had my BioSig measurements taken by Jared Olson of Next Level Nutrition.  He sent me information on what I needed to do based on those results and blood work that I had done as well.  I have ordered the first 30 days of supplements, but need to go back and read what I am supposed to be taking, which I will begin doing on November 15. 

If I address the workouts, the nutrition and supplementation, I should start to see results.  I need to educate myself, and just like with the workouts, I need to fake it until I make it with nutrition and supplementation.  It isn't going to be an overnight cure, and it will take a while I'm sure.  But I have nothing but time. 

So--45 minute run tonight, up for a swim in the morning.  Hoping that this will help me get my mojo back, and kick-start my metabolism. 

Princess Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment