The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, November 5, 2012

The aftermath....

Well, I stayed home from work today because I'm shuffling more than walking.  Some pain in my right ankle, and my knees are pretty tight.  The blisters on the bottoms of my feet are re-absorbing and don't hurt nearly as bad today as yesterday.  I need to get a shower and take some Advil for my knees and ankle.  I need the swelling to go down and get the soreness to go away.  I'm going to recover for a couple of days, and then back to CrossFit on Wednesday and a short run on Thursday.  I've got a lot to do before February 24, and now that I know I can do this, the training will be even easier to do.  I think I've found it difficult to train because I was so scared that even after I trained I wouldn't be able to do it, but now I know better.

I need to say a big thank you to CrfossFit APX for helping me through that race yesterday.  I mentioned in my race recap the ladies that I am friends with online, the Running Mom's Mafia.  Well, CrossFit APX is my in person support team.  I have learned so much about my limits, my abilities and what I am really capable of from them.  In the past I've been all too willing to give up and walk away when things got difficult.  The last 3 months at CrossFit APX, pushing through tough workouts and realizing that a lot of my limitations are self-imposed really helped me yesterday.  I was able to tell myself, "You didn't think you could get through those workouts either, but you did it."  I was able to push-on and persevere yesterday because of the mental strength that CrossFit training has started to instill in me.  I really appreciate all of you so much, you will never know.  Thank you for the role you are playing in my journey to find the best me I can be, and the woman God created me to be!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment