The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Countdown is on!

Well, I have one of the 2 weeks notice necessary, and this week should be pretty easy.  We have a field trip on Monday, and Friday is an early release day which includes an awards ceremony for the third 9 weeks, followed by early lunch, brief recess and sending the kids home...so I basically only have 3 days left to teach.  The kids don't know anything yet about my job change as I was instructed that we would send home a letter to the parents on Thursday afternoon.  I feel guilty to some extent, for leaving, but I also know that what I am doing is the best thing for me and my family!  I have spent so many years living my life for the people around me and trying to please them, that it seems very strange to do something for ME!!

In other news, the working out and eating better are going pretty darn well.  I have had a few slip-ups here and there,  but when I got on the scale this morning, I had lost a total of 20 pounds since beginning this journey in late February.  I don't remember the exact date that I started, but I know it was after teh 19th of February, but before my birthday...so maybe the 21 or 22?  So in under 2 months I have lost 20 pounds, which is pretty impressive.  I am so please with the outcome of my workouts, the hard work, and how I have stuck to this.  My trainer pushes me past limits that I have put on myself and grins at me the whole time.  When I started this journey, He had more confidence in my ability to succeed than I did, but now, I have all the confidence in the world that I will be successful on this journey.  I am going to make it to my goal this time. 

My new job is going to make that even more likely because I will be in the gym 5 days/week, and I will work out every day that I am there.  I will have no excuse at all for not getting my workouts in!  I will continue to work with Chris and push myself beyond the limits I have created for myself.  I am so very excited about this journey and how it is going.  In fact, there is a group of people that I met through the facebook page of one of the casting directors for Biggest Loser.  We are going to stay in touch and support each other as we each have a minimum of 100 pounds to lose, and our goal is for each of us is to reach our goal weight before the Biggest Loser 12 Finale in late November, early December.  That means that I have about 7 or 8 months to lose the next 100 pounds.  It is going to be a tough journey, and one that I'm sure will be wrought with difficulties and times that I just don't want to do the right thing, but one that is totally worth going on! 

I will be the healthy woman that I long to be by the time I turn 37 for sure.  The way I figure it, I gave myself a chance at a healthy and fit life for my 36th birthday, and it is going to take the entire year to get there....For my 37th birthday, I'm going to run the Princess Half Marathon on my birthday weekend at Disney World, (Yes, I do realize that that means I need to run 13.1 miles).  After that, I may need some surgical intervention to remove the excess skin left over after being overweight for 16 years and having my skin all stretched out for that long.  I will likely have to have a tummy tuck to remove excess skin...and I'm rapidly developing bat wings from excess skin on my upper arms. 

Till next time.

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment