The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, February 28, 2011

Wowie, Zowie, Owie!!

I talked to my personal trainer today and he told me I need to be between 1200 and 1400 calories  on a daily basis.  He kinda gave me crap about the fact that I cheated a bit on my diet this week.  He says that part of him wants to be greedy and keep me here, but part of him wants me to get onto the ranch and The Biggest Loser.

In other news, I missed my appointment on Friday night with another trainer, Michael, and trust me when I tell you that he made me pay for it in a BIG way today.  I doubt I'll be able to walk tomorrow.  Both Chris and Michael believe in putting cardio into your resistance training work-out to keep your heart-rate up and help you to lose more weight.  Well, they both are fans of having me run sets of stairs between weight lifting reps, and I have to say, my legs are KILLING me!  I think I'm going to start running up and down stairs at the house to get better at it, because those trips up and down the stairs are hurting me in a big way. 

I read yesterday that for every 10 pounds extra you carry around, you put 40 extra pounds on your knees.  So if I'm 130 pounds overweight, I am putting an extra 520 pounds of pressure on my knees...I don't doubt the validity of this because every time I go up and down those steps, I feel like my knees might explode! 

I really like Chris and Michael and truly feel that if I don't make The Biggest Loser, I can trust that they will help me to reach my weightloss and fitness goals. 

Till later

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment