The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Okay--so I haven't been the most effective blogger in the past, but this is going to be a form of accountability for me.  I have made the decision to pursue the possibility of getting onto The Biggest Loser, season 12.  I had started to research the possibility of having weightloss surgery, only to find that my clotting disorder that I suffer from makes me an even higher risk candidate for the surgery than the average person.  I have 3 babies that I brought into this world, and doing something that would increase the risk of them losing their Mommy is just not something I am comfortable with. 

So--here's where things are at the moment--

I have completed and e-mailed my 15 page application to be on The Biggest Loser, as well as my audition video. 
you can find my audition video here if you would like to watch it:  http://www.youtube.com/user/fludderby75#p/a/u/0/hk3crHyi9H8

I have reservations at the Econo Lodge in Orlando, Florida to attend the open casting call there on March 5.  From my understanding, you go and wait in line for your opportunity to meet with the casting director.  You will be called in in groups of 10 or so for 5-7 minutes with the casting directors. At that time you will turn in an abbreviated version of the application, as well as pictures of you at a lower weight, and what you look like now.  Once that is over, the casting directors make calls that evening before 9 or 10 p.m. to the people that they liked and invite them back for one-on-one interviews on Sunday.  Once that happens, if you are called back for an interview, you wait to see and may be invited to a "finals week" in CA. 

If I do not get a call back at the audition, I will still be taking as many steps as possible to get this weight off on my own.  I need to lose this weight so that I can be as healthy as possible.  My kids deserve the mother that I should be, not the overweight exhausted mother that I currently am. 

Follow me in my journey to lose 130 pounds and get myself healthy!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment