The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, August 26, 2013

Stepping Back

Sometimes in life, it's time to step back, and re-examine what you have on your agenda. 

I registered for the Glass Slipper Challenge in June, before I knew the extent to which my foot was messed up and how long I would be wearing a ridiculous boot.  The fact is, it is August again, and I still weigh 265 pounds.  While I would dearly love to complete the Inaugural Glass Slipper Challenge, and do so in grand style, my current health, weight and physical ability begs the question, "Is that even realistic?"  I always try to be a realist, not a pessimist or an optimist, but a realist. 

The realist in me says, "Come on, Krista.  It ain't gonna happen."  While I would like to argue with that inner voice, I think it's right.  I mean, really.  I have 3 kids, I'm coaching 2 softball teams this fall, and I work full time.  The next time I toe the line at Walt Disney World for a race I want to know in the deepest part of my heart that I am prepared, and ready to finish that race in under 3 hours.  I had said when I quit at mile 10 this year that I wouldn't return to Disney for 2 years, when I was at a healthier weight, and totally trained and prepared for the race. 

I got caught up in the magic that is Disney and I registered, and I shouldn't have.

So now I need to figure out what to do with my race entry. 

Sometimes being a realist sucks, but I'll thank myself for it when I finish the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2015, and get my pink coast-to-coast medal, all on the weekend right around my 40th birthday. 

now, it's time to kick the healthy lifestyle and training into gear to start training now for what I want to do in about 18 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment