The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Thursday, August 15, 2013

FINALLY.....

The blasted boot is OFF!!!  I've spent my fair share of time in braces and boots, but 7 weeks in that thing, in the middle of a North Carolina summer was NO FUN!!!  At this point we are planning on no surgery, physical therapy for the next 4-6 weeks, twice per week, to work on flexibility, ankle strength and getting my foot back in "exercise" shape. 

In the meantime, it's a matter of swimming and walking/running in the pool to keep the stress off the ankle.  We'll see what the physical therapist has to say.  I'm so ready to get moving again.  I wanted desperately to swim or SOMETHING while I was in the boot, but he told me absolutely NOT!  He wanted me on complete rest, if I wasn't walking to the bathroom, or to the office, I was not to be on the foot. 

So I'm in the process of scheduling a PT appointment at the location that just happens to be in my gym.  I want them to help me come up with exercises that will help to build cardio while the foot continues to heal.  I desperately want to go back to CrossFit, but with the crazy work hours that the beginning of the school year bring, I just don't see how that will be possible for at least the next month or so. 

Back on the road, and headed toward a Princess Half Marathon that I entirely plan to OWN this year!

Krista

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I found your blog while researching the Disney races. My sister has run the Princess race several times, but 2014 will be my first time. I have followed your story and wish you the best of luck next year!

    ReplyDelete