The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Friday, July 1, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Well--I no longer work at the gym, and I have to say, that while I met some really amazing people there (including my new boss), It was probably one of the worst decisions I have ever made professionally.  I am thankful for the opportunity to meet my new boss, but the majority of my experience there was certainly NOT positive!  I was treated so poorly at the end of my employment, I didn't even finish working the notice I had turned in.  This is totally out of character for me, but when I am left in tears by mis-treatment and the management's response is simply "That's fine, you can't let that get in the way of doing your job.  Your work is unacceptable, regardless of the circumstances today." it is time for me to go.  I know that this isn't the way people behave in all gyms, but the behavior where I was working was frighteningly unprofessional in more ways than I can even discuss here. 

So--As of July 11, 2011, I will be working for ACS.  ACS is a subsidiary of the Xerox Corporation, and I will be working on outsourced benefits for some pretty big corporations that contract with ACS to administer their benefits.  It sound slike this job will be pretty fast-paced, and busy.  I think this is going to be an excellent opportunity, and the benefits are awesome. 

As for my weightloss journey, well, it has stalled a bit.  I'm still hovering right around 240-241, and the remainder of this journey is going to be far more difficult than the beginning.  I cannot afford to continue to pay a personal trainer, so I'm going to have to find a way to do this on my own.  If The Biggest Loser comes to the Carolinas to cast for Season 13 I will likely audition, otherwise, I will simply send in an application and a video.  The fact is, I've got to continue this journey, with or without help.  Both trainers I have worked with in the last few months have informed me that without their help, I'm certain to gain all of my weight back, plus some, and I REFUSE to allow them to be right.  I am still planning on registering for the Princess Half Marathon, which I will run on my birthday, February 26, 2012.  My 36th birthday gift to myself was heading out on the weightloss journey and getting healthy, and the culmination of that trip will be completing the half marathon.  I am going to do this....

If anyone knows a personal trainer in this are, willing to help out someone who is struggling and needs the support, Please feel free to give them my name and refer them to my blog.  I need help, but can't afford to pay for it right now. 

Thanks....until next time.....

Krista

1 comment:

  1. Your personal trainers are telling you this because that's how they make money. You have the determination to do this! It's ultimately you deciding to do what they tell you anyway. YOU have made this happen so far, and YOU will continue to make this happen. The trainers are just one tool you have used thus far, and there are many other tools which you can use. Keep it up, Krista!

    ReplyDelete