The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, May 2, 2011

Hello?!?! Hello?!?!! Yes, I'm still here.

Wow--the last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind. 

First--The end of my teaching carreer was difficult, but refreshing.  I have never left a job and felt so sure that it was the right thing to do.  The level of stress and anxiety in my daily life has been minimized to the point that I haven't had the chest pain caused by anxiety that has been a daily occurance in my life for the last 2 or 3 years.

Second--I have started my new job, and it is totally different, but really nice as well.  I have gotten to take the kids to school every day for the last 2 weeks (except when Barney and I were at the beach) and am spending more time with them.  It is inspiring to be in the gym all day, and I Love the fact that I am there 5 days/week to be able to work out.

Finally--BACKSLIDING SUCKS!!!!!  I wasn't able to work out last week, except for 30 minutes with my trainer.  Barney and I also went to the beach for a couple of days as an anniversary trip (tomorrow will be 8 years) and I didn't stress myself out about my diet or exercise....I should have stressed myself out about it.  I got on the scale this morning to find that I have gained 5 pounds in the last week.  In the past I would take this minor and annoying set-back as proof of what a horrible failure I am in life, and the fact that I obviously don't deserve to be happy/healthy.  Not this time!  I am done feeling that way about myself because the reality is, it just isn't true.  I AM worth it, and I DO deserve to be happy and healthy, and I AM NOT a piece of crap or a failure!  I am back on track and will be losing this weight from now on...I will NOT give up on myself...I have done that enough, and I deserve better!

TIll next time

Krista

1 comment:

  1. I gotta tell you...with everything going on w/my mom and then moving on top of it, I definitely let things go. I was super disappointed in myself when I stepped on the scale last week and saw a significant weight gain. I mean, I knew I had gained, but seeing it on the scale was sobering. I really needed to read your last few sentences as a reminder that I am also worth it and that I do deserve to be happy, healthy and successful! Thanks, Krista!

    ReplyDelete