The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Friday, May 6, 2011

PSA about grandiose statements....

Consider this a public service announcement....when you make grandiose statements about what you are going to do, and how you are going to do it, the Devil will begin dancing on your doorstep and trying  fervently to keep you from succeeding.  Just remember to tell him to get behind you in the name of the God and he has no choice.....hard lesson for me to remember.

I am happy to report that things have gone pretty well this week, and am still enjoying my new job.  I have sold 2 memberships and have another appointment set up for next Thursday already.  I spoke to a very nice woman today who was interested in joining and wanted to compare us to another gym.  I really do feel strongly that she will be back, but I'm not 100% sure.  It has been really fun meeting and encouraging new and older members alike on their weightloss journeys. 

I have met the nicest girl at work, who I really enjoy talking to.  She is wise beyond her years, and truly enjoyable to talk to.  She it beautiful and genuinely nice to everyone she encounters.  I wish that I had had her confidence and self-awareness when I was her age, heck, I wish I had it now.  I'm still operating on a "fake it till you make it" mentality. 

Last thing is this....It is difficult to know someone's story based on sight.  I overheard a conversation in the gym yesterday about me, between 2 older gentlemen, and I use that term VERY loosely.  As I happened by them, and they didn't know I was coming I heard 1 guy say "I just don't get it...I wouldn't buy something from someone who obviously isn't using it themselves.  Who would buy a gym membership from an overweight woman?"  Well, I desperately wanted to turn around and confront his ignorance, but thought better of it.  I figure if he is ignorant enough to speak such things openly, my comments and remarks to him will almost certainly fall on deaf ears.  So, I decided to take the high-ground...I will just sit back and let him watch me shrink.  He doesn't know me, doesn't know my journey, and doesn't know how hard I have worked and am continuing to work.  So quite frankly, he can kiss my still rather ample hiney, and as it shrinks, and is harder for him to find, I will gladly mark the spot....What a jerk!!! 

Till next time....
Krista

1 comment:

  1. Grrr...When you are all done shrinking, I hope he compliments you and gives you the opportunity to ask him if he'd buy a membership from you then. At least, if it were me, I would be extremely tempted to say something at that point.

    ReplyDelete