The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wow, what a week....

It has been an awesome week of workouts and changes.

I made it to the 6 am workout on Monday morning and felt incredibly exhausted afterwards.  I think is was shaky for a couple of hours afterwards.  Tuesday was a long day at work, (8:00 to 7:00) and then yesterday I made it back to Crossfit after work.

First, I need to give a shout-out to Mike Clay, the founder of Custom Fit Meals.  Custom Fit Meals are an awesome alternative to fast food, and quickie meals that are incredibly unhealthy.  You can read more about Custom Fit Meals here.  At any rate, Mike has an incredibly inspirational story which can also be read on the  website I referred you to.  As a huge fan of The Biggest Loser, I have often wondered what little pieces of knowledge and inspiration the former contestants who have completed the weight loss process would share if I ever got the opportunity to work out with them.  I think I now have a pretty good idea, because Mike shared some awesome and inspirational thoughts about motivation, how to make this process happen, and what I should be telling myself/remembering.  Working out with Mike last night was like having my own personal cheerleader and a motivator next to me reminding me of my goals, and helping me to modify things appropriately.  I feel honored to have met and worked out with Mike, and I look forward to being able to say that I've lost 100 pounds like he has.

So, last night's work out was INSANE!!  Mike showed me how to do a foam roller warm up for my entire body, and some mobility stuff to do to protect and be sure my joints are ready for the intensity of a CrossFit workout.  The way that Mike explained it to me is that our bodies are sick.  We have pushed our bodies to the limits of reason for functioning, so we have to be very careful about pushing our bodies too far.

Here's what I did for my workout last night.  Trust me, I can't begin to remember what the people who's workouts weren't scaled and modified did, you will see why in just a second.

Started with a 200 meter run (I did run/walk thanks to the bum ankle) RX-400 meter run
5 bronco kicks                                                               RX-20 inverted burpees
10 burpees                                                                     RX-25 burpees (i think)
15 power cleans (65#)                                                   RX-30 power cleans
200 meter run/walk                                                        RX-400 meter run
20 step-ups (onto a 12" box)                                         RX-35 box jumps
30 air squats                                                                  RX-50 of something
100 meter run/walk                                                        RX-200 meter run
30 girlie push ups (hands on the box)                              RX-75 jumping pull-ups, chest to bar
200 meter run/walk                                                        RX-1 mile run

**Whatever time was left after completing the above was to spent doing up to 10 50 meter sprints.

I completed all of this in 26:59 (the goal was under 40)

It took me another 45 minutes to stop shaking and being light-headed from the work-out.  I love the feeling I get from completing these workouts!  It is so awesome to know that as sick as my body is, and as uncomfortable as any one of these can be for me, I am pushing through it.

I can't wait for tomorrow morning at 6:00.  I'm going to go walk on the American Tobacco Trail Saturday morning.  It'll probably be mostly walking, with a little bit of jogging when I can.  I'd like to see if I can do 3.2 (a 5k) preferrably in less than 50 minutes.  I'm also excited to be picking up my first few days of Custom Fit meals on Sunday, which I'm pretty excited about as well.

I'll leave you with my favorite thing that Mike said to me yesterday.  "It's not the first workout, or your 5th even that matters, it's your 100th, and 150th."  That means you have stuck with it and continued workout even when it wasn't comfortable, or convenient.

Krista




No comments:

Post a Comment