The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Week 4...In the books

So, I just finished the 4th week, my Saturday workout and got weighed in.  I feel compelled to share some information about why this particular week carries a lot of emotion for me, so bear with me, if you would.

When I made the decision to have Weight loss surgery 5-1/2 years ago, not everyone in my immediate family was supportive or excited about that decision.  My Nana, though, told me she just wanted me to be as healthy as possible for me, my future and to be here as long as possible for my children.

Once the surgery was over and I start losing weight, she was very supportive, and then, when I got to about 195 pounds or so, she told me that "enough is enough" and that I didn't need to keep losing weight.  I was going to get too small (I have no idea how nearly 200 pounds could be too small, but I guess it's the perspective of what I was coming from).

Fast Forward 2 years, my knees were jacked up, I couldn't run, and the weigh was creeping back on.  The very last words I remember my Nana saying to me were, "I'm worried about you, you're gaining your weigh back and I don't want you to have done all of this for nothing."

Now here I am, 3 years later, again knocking on the door of 195 pounds.  Looking like I may be the size I was when she passed in the next week to 10 days.  What is interesting is, that 195 pounds was not a fit and toned 195, it was just a number on a scale.

I've spent the last 4 weeks totally changing my diet.  No fast food, no coffee creamer, no sugar.  No process crap.  My entire diet and everything I'm putting in my mouth is much healthier than I have ever eaten, even right after my weight loss surgery.

I feel healthier than I can ever remember feeling, and I am proud of how I'm doing this.  I have 2 more weeks left in the challenge, at which point, I will be allowed to go to a different meal plan that is not so restrictive, but I don't see the draw to doing so.  There is NOTHING unhealthy about what I am eating.  The other plan would maybe let me have some bacon once in a while or things like that, but I am seriously thinking about keeping this meal plan going with an infrequent "splurge" toward some of the items allowed on the other meal plan.

I want to continue to lose weight, get healthier, and find the best possible version of me!  There are 2 more weeks in the challenge officially, but my challenge will continue long after that.

I have 6 weeks until I board a cruise ship and I want to feel comfortable on that ship, in my bathing suit, etc.  It seems I'm averaging around 2.5 pounds per week so far in this challenge.  If I continue on that pace, I would be around 183 on that day, maybe a bit more, or maybe a bit less.  That isn't really the most important part about this.  What is important is how I'm building habits of going to work out.  I'm building habits of eating healthy food, even in the face of Super Bowl snacks tomorrow.

Anyone want to join me??

No comments:

Post a Comment