The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, July 22, 2013

Something very weird just happened

Something very weird just happened, and I know what I THINK it means, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

So, I had an MRI done on my right foot/ankle on June 14, before leaving to go to my professional conference in Alabama.  At the time, the radiology place gave me a CD of the images and said they would forward a report to the doctor's office, which they did.  I went back to see him on June 24, he put me in a boot, and I went back again on July 15, he gave me a cortisone shot and told me to come back in 3 weeks, but he'll be out of town, so it ended up being 4 weeks, August 12.

So, at my appointment on June 24, the doctor told me he wasn't really very happy with the MRI report he was forwarded and asked me to bring him the CD so he could look at the images himself.  He had told me at one point that if surgery was required, he would be referring me to his partner as he does feet, and the partner does ankles.  He would feel better if the partner did the surgery on my foot.  I took the CD of MRI images into my appointment with me this past Monday, July 15 and Dr. Hauser said he would review the images.

So, tonight, I'm on my way home from work, and my phone rings with a local number.  I wasn't sure who it was, but I answered it, and to my surprise, it was a reminder that I have an appointment with the ankle specialist on Wednesday morning at 8:00.  Now, as far as I know/knew, my next appointment was to be on August 12, with Dr. Hauser, but this appointment is on Wednesday morning with Dr. Nolan.

Hmmmmm, I could be wrong, but we were trying non-surgical interventions with a referral to the ankle specialist for surgery only, or that was my impression.  I'm calling first thing tomorrow morning to see what this is all about, but here is my hypothesis.  I'm guessing that after reviewing the images from my MRI, the foot guy decided that the damage was worse than described in the MRI report, and asked the ankle specialist to take a look.  I think the ankle specialist took a look and between them they decided that surgery was the best/only option, and scheduled an appointment for me, but I'm not sure.....

We'll see what happens, I'll update after my apparent appointment on Wednesday morning. Who knows...

1 comment: