The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Maximizing MY Life

Wow--I'm not quite sure how so much time has passed with me not getting in my workouts, or blogging, but that trend has GOT to stop.  I feel so disconnected from my CrossFit APX family, my body feels like I haven't worked out a day in my life, and I feel like a fat, lazy slob.  The last 5 or 6 weeks have been riddled with stomach viruses that our family has passed around repeatedly, and quite frankly, with 2 kids playing on 4 different ball teams, and all of the practices and games, I feel like I'm nothing more than a chauffer at this point.  I'm glad, because I know that my kids are involved in healthy activities, etc....but it puts a massive dent in the workout schedule. 

Also, at work, we have signed up for a health and fitness challenge.  The goal is to be more active and eat better.  There are 3 different challenges you can compete in, and they include the # of steps per day, the # of minutes worked out, and the % of weight lost. Looking at my pedometer each day has been absolutely eye-opening.  I now KNOW why I haven't been losing much weight at all.  Yes, I do CrossFit 3 times a week when I'm going regularly, but since I have a desk job, I'm struggling to meet 5,000 steps a day, and the goal is 10-12k steps/day.  At 5,000 steps, I am still in the sedentary range.  So, I'm working out, but I'm clearly not moving enough to off-set my caloric intake. 

I have also still been making some bad food choices, and need to get then under control.  I feel like I am starting to figure everything out, and how it all works together to help me lose weight, or to counter-act my weight loss efforts.  It's still really hard because of having 3 kids who want to eat the kinds of foods that kids like to eat, and a husband who can eat anything he wants and not gain an ounce.  I look at a piece of cake and gain 3 pounds, all in my hips and thighs. 

I have taken a few steps that I'm hoping will help to motivate me going forward and maintain my motivation going forward to FINALLY see the changes in my life that I want and need.  I have some pretty large goals and training plans going forward. 

Training Plans: 
M-W-F
Run/walk in the AM at 5:15 to be home before Barney leaves for work
I will CrossFit in the afternoon from 5:30-6:30

T-R
Swim in the AM
Yoga in the evening  I'm pretty sure I still have my yoga DVD I bought when pregnant (It may still be in the cellophane wrap even).

Saturdays are filled with baseball and softball games, but it isn't going to hurt me to walk laps around the field in between games. 
Sunday- Church, baseball games and family time

I also bought myself a ticket to go to the Jillian Michaels "Maximize your Life" tour.  I cannot wait to see her from the 3rd row, and hoping to be a part of the interactive portion of the tour.  She has said she will be pulling audience members up on stage and you could apply to be one of those folks.  I have done-so and am hoping that I will be one of the lucky ones on April 25. 

It's time to get serious, dedicated, and work my ass off to start seeing my dreams come to fruition.  It is time to make my dreams a reality. 

Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment