The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Time

Well, I have known for a while that it was time to make some changes to my eating habits, but a total overhaul of the kitchen, menu and eating habits of a family of 5 are no small task.  It takes some time to clean out the pantry, the refrigerator, re-stock both with healthy options, and plan/work on a menu.  Well, as luck would have it, my mom has decided to take the kidlets to the beach for the week starting tomorrow, and coming home on Friday.  So, it's time.  Tomorrow after work, I will be cleaning out the refrigerator and pantry, I have some serious shopping and planning to do after that, and I'm fairly certain that my hubby isn't going to be all that happy with me once I complete this little task. 

My husband is one of those amazing people who can eat anything he wants and never gain an ounce.  I have talked about having weight loss surgery a few times over the years, and he has said that he doesn't see the need for something that drastic.  The fact is, I eat less than he does, but if I look at fast food or dessert, I gain a couple of pounds.  It's like Ali Vincent said in her presentation at the Princess Half Marathon, I didn't gain my weight all at 1 time because of 1 tragic event.  I have gained 5 pounds here, 3 pounds there.  At the time, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but eventually, 3 pounds turns into 10, and 10 turns into 50, and the next thing you know, you are 100 pounds overweight and wondering what the hell happened. 

In line with this, I have set a few goals for myself for the month of April.  My goal is to be active at least 30-60 minutes every day.  I'm going to be drinking water only for the month of April, and I will absolutely be minimizing the amount of  processed food for the month of April.  I weighed myself this morning for a challenge we are doing at work, and I was at 251.4.  My goal for the month of April (When I weigh myself on 4/30/13) is to be 243 or less.  That is a 2 pound per week weightloss for the month of April.  I'd desperately love to be under 240 by our anniversary trip, but that is only 4 weeks and 2 days away, maybe the eating cleaner, healthier food can make that possible?!?!?




No comments:

Post a Comment