The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, June 25, 2012

Recovery Time

Okay--so I totally underestimated the recovery time for the procedure I had on Thursday.  It appears that I will be out of commission for the next 3 weeks.  That's okay, because that is going to give me some time to really focus on my eating for the next 3 weeks.  I am also seriously considering trying to start a "support group" of sorts here locally for bigger folks, like my size, that would be candidates for Biggest Loser.  I know how intimidating it is to take that first step when there is nothing but "skinny" people on the other side of the gym door.  I am going to be contacting some of the local gyms to see if any of them would be willing to "Sponsor" a Biggest Loser FV type of thing for us.  I feel like a local group of people who can support and hold each other accountable would be invaluable.  I am going to go audition for BL in a couple of weeks, but either way, I feel led to do something like this in the local area.  The likelihood of me getting onto the show is pretty slim, so why not be a community of support for others like me in this area?  I know people who have done this and been successful without making it to the ranch.  My buddy Chris Pederson has lost about 120 pounds on his own and is looking svelte and amazing.  I also know of another guy, Justin, who has lost over 200 pounds by himself.  I have never done anything like this before, but feel very convicted that it is something I need to do.  If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment