The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Monday, May 28, 2012

Let the excitement begin...

So, I need to start training this week for my half marathon that will happen in the first weekend of November.  I am hoping to finish it in around 3 hours, and doing a run walk ratio of 2:1 for the entire half marathon.  I find myself typically starting out jogging longer than that, and it causes me to get more worn out and I don't have the endurance to continue that.  I'm going to be getting 2 things when I get paid this week to help me, the 1st will be the Jeff Galloway run-walk-run timer, so it lets me know when I need to jog and when I need to walk.  I'm also going to get a hydration belt I think.  I don't like carrying my water during my longer walks/runs, so a hydration belt would be nice.  I also have noticed that I tend to want water on courses at the times where there is no water stop.  I'll be jogging/walking for 45 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, doing long runs for a specific distance on Saturdays.  I am also going to be doing some cross-training, and getting my endurance and cardio increased. 

The other thing I am seriously considering and reading up on is looking at the Primal Blueprint for eating.  So far it has been pretty interesting, and I have heard people say that with PCOS it is the best thing to do.  The doctor that will be doing my surgery next month has recommended it highly with my PCOS and says it really is the best thing to do for my body.  I've just started reading it, and it is really kind of a common sense approach, more than a "diet".  I need to finish the book before I make any specific decisions.  I'm hoping that the training, cross-training, and increased activity will help me get this weight off and I will run the half in November at just under 200#, then run the princess at around 160#. 

I appreciate your reading, your encouraging comments and your support! 

Krista

2 comments:

  1. If you have a smartphone or Ipod, I LOVE the Interval Runner App by Delta Vee. Cheap and you can change the intervals to whatever suits you...and run your tunage at the same time! When I run my long runs, I strategically place the car so that I can refuel my water if need be. I have a water belt, don't love it, but its necessary and I do like keeping my hands free when I am doing my intervals. You are doing SO great! Keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the head's up, Julie! I'm downloading it now. I was going to buy the Galloway timer, but this was tons cheaper, and making it very do-able.

      Delete