The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

1st day of training

So, I went to the gym tonight and started my training for the Princess half marathon.  It was tough, and I must say again, how much I HATE the treadmill.  I can't decide if it is the lack of control I have, and not being able to speed up and slow down w/o pushing buttons, distractions, tv's, and all that jazz.  I'd rather just be able to walk when I can walk, run when I want to run, jog when I want to jog, etc.  I had planned on doing 45 minutes on the treadmill and only made it just under 30 minutes.  I burned 532 calories in my workout.  I will be doing cross training tomorrow, jogging again on Friday, and then a "long" run on Sunday (only 3 miles).  I'm on my way to the princess, and the Battleship Half Marathon in November.  I'm going to do this.  There is NO stopping me!!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment