The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Friday, June 10, 2011

Progress....

As anyone who has ever undertaken a new journey as large as the one I have started can attest, there are moments where you wonder if it is worth all the effort.  With weightloss, because you see yourself in the mirror every day, it is difficult to notice any changes.  I have started to feel drastically different in the last few weeks and I was wondering what changes, if any, were noticable to anyone else.  Well, massive changes are happening, and i now know that the changes MUST be visible. 

I started working out with my trainer in late February, right before my birthday.  We did my first measurements on March 1.  I weighed in at a frightening 267 pounds.  I have made drastic changes since then, and the results are very clear. 

1st, I finished a 5K last weekend, in a total of 50:49 minutes.  I had set a goal of finishing in under an hour, and obviously reached that.  I have also been bitten by the running bug, and am looking forward to a half marathon training program that begins at the end of this month.  I will be running a half marathon in February, and possibly in October. 

2nd, I have lost a total at this point of 26 pounds, so I am down to around 241.  I am about 1.4 pounds from the 230's, which is very, very exciting!

3rd, I have lost an eye-opening total of 38.75 inches off of my body in the last 3 1/2 months or so.  I fin that number hard to even process.  I have set a goal to lose 20" in the next month, and hopefully another 10-12 pounds. 

4th, and most importantly in my opinion, any time you make these kinds of drastic changes in your life, there will be times when things happen that make you want nothing more than what USED to comfort you, like eating away your sorrows.  The reality of it is, there is no amount of food, ice cream, or anything that will make the situation better or easier to deal with.  In fact, one of the best things to get stress in control is exercise.  So--from here on out, when I have a HORRIBLE day, like I had on Tuesday, I will choose to run/exercise instead of eating.

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment