The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Noomin'

I started using Noom this week, and I think I can see how things work.

I've already started to learn things I've never known before.  I've been tracking my calories/meals in My Fitness Pal since January, and have had zero weight change, even though I regularly don't reach my calorie allotment for the day, to the point that I've been getting notifications from MFP that I'm not eating enough calories.  Turns out, while I'm not reaching my calorie goal, Noom breaks down foods into Green foods (low calorie density) yellow foods and red foods.  This week, I've yet to eat any green foods, so even though I'm below my calories each day, the calories I'm getting aren't quality calories!

I am supposed to be finishing my 8 week challenge with my Peloton this week, but I've missed enough rides (including rides I thought were optional, but actually weren't.) so it's going to take me until 5/22/20, and re-taking my FTP test on 5/23/20.

We'll call these my “before” pictures because while I’ve been exercising, I haven’t been eating well, nor did I take pictures at the beginning of this quarantine because, honestly, who would have thought that 2 months later we’d still be quarantined at home.

So, the deal is, I am finishing this 8 week challenge next week, starting some Yoga and Strength/core training and working on my diet. I’m going to do measurements tomorrow so I’ll have pictures, measurements, the scale, and my FTP test as measurable ways to look at how much I’ve improved. The next challenge is also 8 weeks and starts on June 1 and will end on July 26. I’ll post my results and pictures on July 27.....Stay tuned!!


I'm doing all of this while starting my MSA (Master of School Administration) on Saturday, teaching home full time and making sure my own children are doing what they are supposed to.


Nah--I don't have much on my plate these days!  LOLOL


No comments:

Post a Comment