The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

6 weeks post surgery

I am 6 weeks out from Vertical Sleeve surgery, and my weight loss stall is finally at an end.

Today, when I got on the scale, I weighed 238.6, a weight loss of 30.2 pounds since I started my pre-op diet on September 16th, 8 weeks ago.  I am starting to notice differences, and it feels REALLY good.

I'm out of the 240's for good, and I for damn sure won't miss them!

I have a few goals on the horizon, and I can't wait.

I'm going to be doing some half marathons again in 2014, and I'll be doing a sprint tri-athlon in October of next year in Chapel Hill.

I've also made some pretty big strides lately.  This weekend, we went to Jockey's Ridge State Park at the Outer Banks.  The kids asked me to climb Jockey's Ridge, and the "Sand Mountains" with them.  It was tough, but I was able to do it.  I did have to sit down after the first, VERY STEEP "mountain" to catch my breath, but it was awesome to be up there with the kids.

The girls and I were doing cartwheels together for the first time ever.  I was trying to tell the girls how to fix their cartwheels, but was afraid of doing them with them.  They talked me into it this weekend, and I was able to do cartwheels with them in front of the Currituck Lighthouse and on the top of Jockey's Ridge.

I met a friend who was running the Outer Banks Half Marathon.  I was waiting for her at mile 11, and helped encourage her to the end.  Kate is quite a bit taller than me, so I had to take a couple steps to her one to keep up with her long stride.  We did job/trot a couple of times, which felt pretty good.  It was the first time I had attempted to run since my surgery.

Barney and I will be going to the gym tonight to start training for our half marathon.  He forgets I think that we are registered for a half marathon in Myrtle Beach in February.  It is the week before the Princess Half Marathon, but has like a 6 hour time limit, so I don't have to push too hard...we need to get our butts moving if we want to finish and be successful!!

I am so excited for the reality that is ahead of me!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment