The Incredible Shrinking Krista

Friday, August 30, 2013

Next step in the process...

This morning I went to the hospital for my swallow study/upper GI.  Fortunately there was on endocsopy so my nerves about gagging/throwing up on the radiologist were completely unnecessary.

First he gave me what looked like a shot glass of "crystals" to form gas bubbles in my esophagus and stomach.  I was supposed to try NOT to burp.  These little crystal things were like POP Rocks candy on steroids.  It is completely impossible to not burp.  Then he gave me some barium to drink which did help keep the air bubbles down, but was the consistency of liquid chalk.  Then I had to lay down in various different positions to have my esophagus and stomach x-rayed.  Then I got to drink some MORE but slightly less thick barium so they could watch the barium go down.

The radiologist said that everything looked good.

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment